The volunteer Archville Fire Department serves the hamlet and surrounding area, from the Hudson River to Pocantico Lake and from the edge of Briarcliff Manor to the edge of Sleepy Hollow.
Archville was named after an arched bridge over what is now U.S. Route 9. It carried the Old Croton Aqueduct over the highway. In 1924, the bridge was deemed to be a traffic hazard and it was demolished. In November 1998, long after the aqueduct was shut down, the bridge was replaced as a crossing for aqueduct walkers, bikers, and equestrians over the particularly dangerous section of the highway.
The Archville Fire Company was chartered in 1909. Its initial equipment consisted of thirty 3½ gallon galvanized buckets, and later a 50-gallon horse-drawn pumper purchased from the Valhalla Fire Department.
Archville Fire Department has three chief's cars, two fire engines, and a horse drawn hand pumper from 1890, which serves as a department antique
Hubert W. Mannerly was the first chief when the company chartered in 1909. Its first headquarters was a shed on the corner of Union Street and Albany Post Road (current Route 9).